EqualAI is looking for an Executive/Special Assistant to provide high-level organizational support for various lines of effort. Responsibilities include: facilitating communication within the company and with external stakeholders; coordinating logistics for external engagements; managing invitations and materials for our podcast, In AI we Trust?; assisting with our EqualAI Badge© Program for senior executives; developing briefings for meetings with senior corporate executives and government policymakers; and other tasks and responsibilities based on individual interest and/or executive/organizational need. Familiarity with the mechanics and societal impacts of artificial intelligence, social media, or podcasts are welcome but not necessary. Professionalism, organizational skills, and attention to detail will be crucial in ensuring smooth operations. Cover letters and resumes with references can be sent to: email@example.com
EqualAI is a nonprofit focused on reducing bias in the development and use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) through promotion of responsible AI practices. We work with corporate, tech, and policy leaders to foster the development and deployment of trustworthy AI.
Responsibilities and Duties
The EqualAI Executive/Special Assistant is a crucial part of the team and provides a range of high-level organizational functions in support of our operations and mission. Strong organization skills and professional experience required.
Specific duties include:
- Screen incoming emails and other correspondence and prioritize items that require immediate attention.
- Schedule meetings, briefings, and other engagements for EqualAI leadership.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for meetings, including: agenda, briefings, and other meeting logistics.
- Manage logistics for internal and external engagements.
- Prepare, edit, and/or transmit correspondence, presentations, and reports on behalf of the Executive and organization. Assist with follow up, including drafting emails and preparing supplementary materials.
- Conduct research for various projects and initiatives. Prepare resources for our members and program participants.
- Manage financial tasks, collaborate with vendors and suppliers to ensure smooth payment processing. Support the Executive in expense reporting and reimbursement processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the organization and with other stakeholders to facilitate effective communication and ensure timely completion of projects.
- Help manage social media platforms.
- Assist in matters related to the Executive’s role as the Chair of the National AI Advisory Committee.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and exercise discretion when handling matters of a confidential nature.
- Other projects and responsibilities as they arise based on the needs of the Executive and/or as they relate to individual experience/interests.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant professional experience.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines and scrupulous attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent proofreading and editing abilities. - Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and make sound judgments.
- Experience and interest in communicating with corporate executives, lawyers and policymaker audiences, the general public, and other key stakeholders.
- Experience in preparing podcasts, social media, and/or the legislative and administrative policy process is welcome but not necessary.
Additional Position Specifications
- Salary/rate commensurate with experience
- EqualAI is a remote organization based in Washington, DC with team members across the US. In-person work opportunities are available but not required.
To apply, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this role
- Your resume/CV
- Professional references (up to three) may be requested following an initial meeting
- [Optional] a writing sample of your relevant work (e.g. policy memo, briefing, newsletter, article intended for news publication, talking point document, etc.)
Together we can create #EqualAI
As AI goes mainstream, help us remove unconscious biases and create it equally.